Have you got a broken central heating boiler and are you looking for an Emergency Boiler Repair?
Most Common Types of Boiler Repairs
From minor issues to those that demand immediate attention, boilers can present faults such as:
Low Pressure: Sometimes the easiest of fixes, but still the most common cause of a boiler not working. A consistent drop in boiler pressure might point towards a leak in the system or issues with the pressure relief valve or expansion vessel.
No Heating and Hot Water: Can be caused by multiple reasons, pressure loss, broken diaphragms, airlocks, or thermostat issues.Normally means a boiler repair engineer needs to attend.
Ignition Issues: When boilers refuse to start, it could be the gas is not turned on or there is a faulty ignition part within the boiler. This might require either a fix or a replacement part(s).
Thermostat Problems: A broken thermostat can lead to inconsistent heating. We see this type of fault all the time, make sure your thermostat is set correctly before booking an emergency boiler repair.
Boiler keeps switching off: This could be due to low water pressure, a blockage in your radiator pipework, or a faulty pump.Your pressure should be between 1 – 1.5 bar on the dial when cold.
Unusual Noises: Whistling, gurgling, or banging sounds indicate something’s amiss, like trapped air or sludge build-up. Try bleeding your radiators, if that doesn’t work, a boiler repair engineer will be needed to investigate and fix.
Leaky Boilers: Leaks may arise from a variety of reasons, be it a broken internal component or an external valve. Timely intervention can save further damage and prevent an emergency boiler repair
Frozen Condensate Pipe: A frozen condensate pipe will stop your boiler from working when you need your boiler most. There are many reasons why your condensate pipe may freeze on very cold winter days. Our blog can help fix your boiler if you have a frozen condensate pipe.
Can I fix my boiler myself?
Issues like topping up and fixing your low water pressure or resetting your boiler can be done by simply checking the manufacturer’s instructions. Bleeding your radiators is something you can absolutely do yourself. However, for safety and ensuring the job is done right, it’s always recommended to get a Gas Safe registered engineer.
The Celsius boiler repair service
At Celsius Plumbing and Heating, you can rely on our reactive and trusted Boiler Repair Service. We are trusted all over Edinburgh and the Lothians by homeowners, landlords, letting agents and airbnb hosts.
How does our boiler repair service work?
- Boilers are complex, so we first need to send out a boiler engineer to your home for a 1 hour engineer visit. This is to investigate and diagnose the problem with your boiler, it also covers our engineers professional time on site. If no parts are needed, we will try our best to fix your boiler within the 1 hour visit.
- If parts are needed or if the boiler repair is more complex, our engineer will complete any repairs he can and make the boiler safe if needed. Our engineer will complete a photographic engineer report and it’s sent to our office team to process.
- Once our office team receives the report from our engineer, one of our senior engineers based in our office will take a look and if we can help, a quotation will be sent to you. You will also receive a copy of your boiler repair engineer photographic job report, so you can see what is wrong with your boiler.
- Quote look good? Then all you need to do is click on the green ‘Accept my Quote’ button within your quotation and this will take you to our short booking form.
- Answer a few questions within your booking form and once we receive your completed booking form, our team will start getting you booked in. We will take payment, Order any parts needed then get you booked in with one of our boiler repair heroes who will complete your boiler repair.
- Once your boiler repair is completed, we would love to hear your feedback, that’s why we will send you a link so you can review our team. Customer feedback is what makes us tick, so we can always keep improving our service for you.
Why choose Celsius for your boiler repairs in Edinburgh?
Need a boiler repair fast? Having a broken boiler is never fun. Whether it’s been playing up for a while or you suddenly find yourself with no heating or hot water, our team of dedicated boiler breakdown engineers are here to help. Most of the time, the fix can be easier than you may think. Keep warm, stay calm, and let’s get that heat back on.
We can offer same-day boiler repair appointments (subject to availability – we prioritise young families and elderly customers) to get you back up and running in no time. Our reactive approach to maintenance and repairs means we also usually carry the most common parts in our vans.
Once you get in touch, we’ll get you booked on our next available appointment, and you’ll be able to track your Gas Safe registered engineer straight to your door – so, none of the hanging around all day and putting your life on-hold malarkey. We understand the importance of a reliable heating system, and that’s why we specialise in repairing boilers from top manufacturers, including Worcester Bosch boilers, Ideal boilers, Baxi boilers, Potterton boilers, Vokera boilers, Ferroli boilers, Ariston Boilers and more. We stand by our work with a 12-month aftercare service, providing peace of mind for any follow-up concerns. With Celsius, you can count on a hassle-free and efficient boiler repair experience in Edinburgh, allowing you to focus on what matters most in your life.
Get in Touch
If you are ready to get your boiler repaired, call Celsius Plumbing and Heating now on 0131 258 0848 or click on ‘Book your Boiler Repair’ below.